Thursday, February 28, 2008

a little less conversation; a little more action


i've been busy. here are some things that've been happening lately in my little world:
*I'm the audio assistant on the regional premiere of the musical, All Shook Up in long beach. it's a fun show with big dance numbers and cool orchestrations of elvis hits. It was a long week last week in tech rehearsals but now the show is open and it's just fun. everyone in it is talented and kind. a good mix. plus, i'm assisting my friend, the amazing sound designer & engineer, julie ferrin.

*i lost my voice due to a wee bout of laryngitis. on sunday i sounded like a pubescent teenage boy a la peter brady in That Episode of the brady bunch. now my voice is half back and sounding like a raspy wind, my housemate calls it "sexy" and tells me i should open up a phone sex biz on the side. i think i would laugh too much so that's not gonna happen.

*i interviewed for a full-time video production job. it would be quite different from my crazy theatre job and my freelance editing. i would have a salary and opposite hours of what i work now but i think i can do it and i need a nice change. they are already sending me through the process to be hired so i should hear soon if they are officially offering me the gig.

*the weather has been beautiful. i slept on the couch the other night because i was up really late and i woke up to what seemed like a backyard symphony of bird chirps. it was so cute. for a second before i opened my eyes i pretended i was waking up in a forest under a canopy of trees and i was snow white. the days are getting longer now too and that makes me insanely happy.

1 comment:

Maria Rose said...

When I am getting over throat illness I find that I sing a lot and very loudly because it is so much fun to have a strangers voice living in my voice box. I LOOOVE when my voice sounds pubescent.