Sunday, January 06, 2008

two-thousand-eight



this 2008 business feels hopeful.
i don't remember feeling this positive about a "year" before except for maybe turning 21. this year i'll turn thirty. freaky! this year is also bush's last as the fraudulent president of my good country. lots of things feel good about this One.

i decided the other day to get back into the raw food shenanigans i've been missing. it's only been a couple days and i'm buzzing with energy and optimism already. i also randomly decided today that i'm gonna try an experiment in this great oh-eight...i'm not going to buy new Stuff. by Stuff i mean clothes, books, dvds...random shit i spend money on. i totally love clothes but i really don't Need any and now i can force myself to think up new outfits with what i have or go to thrift stores if i have the desire;at least that's recycling. As for books and dvds, i will simply borrow from friends and libraries. I'd much rather spend my hard-earned money on delicious organic foods, necessities, and going out with friends.everything else seems frivolous at this point. that's my plan. it seems like a good one. you know? it's time to live simply.

1 comment:

Maria Rose said...

I think you are right about 2008, it's going to be a great year! I admire that you are going to try and buy nothing new for the year. I try to buy new items as infrequently as possible, sometimes I am more successful than others. Nice to meet you!